So this week's topic: If you woke up tomorrow morning and were someone else, who would you hope to be?
Background info: I thought about this for the full 24 hours and until just now, came up with nothing, nada, zip. It's not that I'm so satisfied with myself that I couldn't imagine being someone else for a change...but I'm so prone to realism that I have to weigh all the pros and cons. Doing this really eliminates just about everyone - myself included! Can no one have the perfect life? So, as I sat at my computer...trying to think of something to write, I indulged myself and got wrapped up in the first chapter of "Breaking Dawn" and the upcoming 'Twilight' movie trailer and other related production videos. Ok, I have never mentioned (on my blog) my love of these Stephenie Meyer books. I consider myself a big fan but I refuse to be 'fanatical'. I am typically quietly in the "know" about what is going on, when something will be released, etc. etc. but you won't catch me wearing an Edward or Jacob t-shirt. With that said, I am rather embarrassed (just as my husband will be) at this next entry. So here goes!
If I woke up tomorrow and were someone else I would be Bella Swan (yes, the female lead in the 'Twilight' saga). ...hopefully I'm allowed to choose someone fictional?? It's not that I think she is beautiful, or smart, or really anyone of consequence. It's just that she has a life that can only be contained in a fantasy. When I read about her, I yearn to have her friends. I dream of a love such as her Edward (of course this would only work as my 18 year old self...not with the maturity and knowledge of my current age). I think I could really dig the adventure of the life she is rather forced to lead, all mingled with the excitement of new and all-consuming love. When looking at her life realistically (remember, this is where I count everyone out) I can't figure why she would make the cut as the choices she has to make are far too great a burden than I could possibly bear. In fact, I'm just so grateful that I don't have to choose and someone can just write it all out for me to read. (Why can't someone do that for my 'real' life?) Anyway, the only thing I can come up with is that I would love to know her friends. I miss them when the books are closed. They have been written to be so fantastic and yet so real I have a hard time separating them from my own life. When I am reading the books, I am consumed with their stories, worried about their well-being, and anxious to know what might happen next. When the story ends, I grieve. I walk around in a dumb stupor for a day or two recovering from their loss. To be her, would mean that I could keep them forever. The book would never close and life would go on. Ahhh... Ok - now back to my happily chosen life... at least until August!
1 comment:
I realized that I never commented on this entry. I loved reading those 3 books and I thought that Bella Swan had quite the relaxed HS life with less parenting which made it easy for the vampires and wolves to become involved in her life! That's too funny because just now when I wrote that I thought to myself..."I guess I had better use that in my own life and keep an eye on my kids so the vampires and wolves won't get them!"
Post a Comment