Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tuesday Musings #6

This week's topic:



Welcome to blog boot camp! No more of this free verse. This week I want a sonnet! I'll take it easy on you in case your not in the habit of writing poetry, I'll let you pick the type of sonnet you write (I might suggest the Spenserian in honor of our founder). Here is a link to Wikipedia's explanation of a sonnet so that you can pick out your rhyme scheme.The theme of your sonnet should be potty training. Have fun!


Arrrrhhhh! This was so hard...hence the reason I'm late - SORRY! Here goes nothing!

For my song, I confess, shows little duress
and a happiness born of forgetting.
Though I've trained just two, the mess has been less
and not worthy of public addressing.
My son, only 3, when he learned to pee,
a daughter just 2, when she learned that poo
goes into the pot, not diapers you see
and for short reprieve, I was free, woo-hoo!
Though wonder awaits the dawn of my third.
Who knows how he'll handle his time to learn.
May be the one I would want to call "turd".
The "fun" we could have I feel myself yearn.
And though its in fact, a pain in the a**,
We all surely know, that this too shall pass!

No comments: