Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tuesday Musings #2

I didn't mention last week that I had joined a weekly writers group and that's what began my last entry. This weeks assignment was difficult for me as I actually had to be creative. Anyway, here's the assignment:

Compose a prank letter (harmless, no threats of bodily harm) to a large company/public entity.

Scan or copy-paste the letter into your blog.

Mail off the letter.

Post a response when and if you receive one!


LDS Family Services
CA Colton Office
791 North Pepper Avenue
Colton, CA 92324-1800

To Whom it May Concern:

I am the mother of four wonderful children and have recently had to make the toughest of choices. I have spent many a night agonizing over this decision and who I should contact. After months of extensive research, your organization is the only possible fit. You see, I come from a loving, religious family and I’ve tried to create the same atmosphere here with my children. Developing spiritually is as important to me as developing physically or mentally and I believe that every child should have that well rounded upbringing. I feel your philosophies complement these beliefs nicely.

Let me start from the beginning. My husband and I were married in our late 20’s/early 30’s and the desire to have children came soon after the honeymoon. Unfortunately, it took longer than we had planned and we were finally blessed to adopt our first born. He was a beautiful, sweet, loyal, intelligent wonder in our lives with chocolate brown hair and stunning green eyes.
Soon after, we were blessed with a little boy with red hair and blue eyes, followed by a little girl with blond hair and hazel eyes, and finally a little boy with blond hair and blue eyes. They are all wonderful. The youngest is now 9 months old.

As for the difficult part of the story…around the birth of our little girl, our relationship with our first born began to diminish. We increasingly had less and less time for him and he spent much of his day alone sleeping or begging us for attention. We were afraid to have him too close to the babies in case of an accident or injury that might occur. You can never be too careful! With this distance from our other children, you can picture how much time he had with us. I am afraid to admit that the time spent away from us has also distanced my heart. There was a time when I didn’t mind cleaning up the “poop”. I didn’t mind the constant feeding, bathing, and combing of the hair. But it has become too much for me. He is in his sixth year and I still have problems with the clean up. Are they ever really potty trained? Will there ever be a day when I don’t have to do something in that regards? I don’t know what to do.

We are going on a few trips this summer and have contemplated leaving him home with enough food and water to get him through our absence but, I truly feel that something must be done before then. He deserves a good home with people who will show him the proper affection, the affection we used to have the time and energy to share. Though I know the separation will be difficult for him as well as the rest of my family, I firmly believe that we will be able to move on and heal if he were to go to a good home. He should be placed with a God fearing family who will treat him as the beautiful and masterful creation that he is. I could not choose just anyone to help find a place for him.

I am not sure of the next step but have attached a photo for your consideration and can also send one electronically so that he can be included on your adoption websites. I know that
adoption is the best way to go in this impossible situation. I know from reading your testimonials that you can and will find a loving place for him.

Thank you for your time and efforts.

Sincerely,

Rebecca


Disclaimer: To all you pet lovers that may be reading this: This was in no way intended to do or cause harm, but merely for the shock and entertainment value. In fact, Bear, himself, thought it was pretty funny:)!

No comments: