Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tuesday Musings #10

Do you collect anything? If so, what? If not then, why…or what would you collect if you had to start a collection? Pictures please!
Today is Wednesday so based on the title of this blog, I'm obviously late. I've been trying to think of something witty, creative, or interesting simply because I don't collect anything. Trust me, I feel like I collect all kinds of things...dirty fingerprints, missplaced toys, paper, paper, paper. But none of this is intentional. In fact, I hate collecting. Sometimes I wonder if I'm as sentimental as a rock. I keep nothing! Ticket stubs from important events - trash. Programs from memorable evenings - trash. Artwork my children work hard at creating for me - well, sometimes trash (I have a few weaknesses). I really think I have an aversion to collecting. I fear clutter of all kinds and let's face it...sometimes the things we collect can amount to nothing but clutter...at least until we find a way to manage or display it all. You would think with my utter disdain for clutter that it would be positively missing from my house. But you would be wrong. It's an ongoing battle and fortunately (or unfortunately) for me...I have been blessed with quite a few extra drawers in the kitchen I like to call my "junk" drawers. I suppose this could be considered a collection, right?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh Rebecca, that is the most organized "junk" drawer I have ever seen. I think you and my friend Kelly would have alot in common-she can't seem to have anything EXTRA in her house either! Thanks for sharing :)

Emily said...

I seem to have about 3 junk drawers in my house and it drives Ty and I both nuts. I don't know why I have one but I do, go figure. I need to do a separate musings blog as well....