Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday Musings #13

List five things that drive you crazy and make you want to go live in a cabin on a mountainside and never see another human being. Then, list five things that make you smile even on the rainiest of days.


FIVE things that drive me crazy:

#1 People who cut you off in traffic, while talking on their cell phone, then get mad at you for almost slamming into the back of them as the result of their sudden movement into your lane...which was flowing quite nicely before their careless and inconsiderate move. "What do you mean, giving me the bird...I should be giving you the bird...I was here first!!! You didn't see me huh...? Maybe you should have put your silly phone down while driving! Oh good. So glad you managed to put it down in order to properly wave your middle finger my direction. Idiot! I really should just slam the back of your nice and shiny black Mercedes." (can you tell that this happened recently? I suppose I suffer a bit from road rage. It's a good thing I no longer commute to work!)

#2 Being woken up just as you arrive in that blissful deep sleep. This is really one of the few times in my life that I ever feel rage and anger (though I'm sure this is hard to believe after reading the above #1).

#3 Always feeling that I have to be the one to make meal time decisions. What is everyone going to eat? Todd thinks that when he says "I don't care" that he is actually helping me out. Someone, please care! Have an opinion! I want to be the one that "doesn't care" for a change!!

#4 When my husband tells me to "Buck up little camper" when I'm having a hard time. This really infuriates me! "Buck up." No, you buck up!!!

#5 My mother used to come dancing into my room singing in this high pitched voice to wake me up early in the morning. For some reason, hearing a sing-song voice interrupting my blissful morning sleep (there I go with the waking up thing again) makes me angrier than really anything else. It was all I could do to keep from punching her right in the nose when she came close. I do so much better with an alarm clock!

FIVE things that make me smile:
#1 My husband playing with my kids. This works for every mother, I think.
#2 A beautiful spring day with the sun shining and everything in full bloom. I'm really smiling when I'm a part of this picture, laying on the grass, reading a good book and eventually taking a nap.
#3 A good memorable tune on the radio. Music brings back memories like nothing else. I love it when I hear something that makes me smile.
#4 Whenever my husband quietly takes my hand and tells me he loves me.
#5 Kisses and hugs from my beautiful children. I suppose I need to "fill my canteen" for the days when they won't be so free with their affection.

No comments: