Thursday, July 10, 2008

Tuesday Musings #11

Growing up what extra curricular activities did you get to try? Which activity was your favorite and which was your least favorite? If you didn't have an opportunity, which do you wish you could have tried? Pictures Please! :)
Sorry - I don't have pictures...at least not digitally. I am scanner deprived and really need to do something about it soon!
1. Piano lessons from 1st-4th grade. I did not love them...what kid does at this age, but I think I would've continued if we hadn't moved so far away from my teacher. My mom didn't push so neither did I though I achieved enough to assist me in learning to play the guitar...another set of lessons that really went no where...and I have the ability to read music.
2. Softball - 1st, 5th-10th grade. I liked to play softball. It was a part of who I was. I don't remember ever wishing I was doing something else...at least not until after my sophomore year - hence the reason I quit.
3. I dabbled in soccer and basketball but never on a very competitive level.
4. Volleyball - 7th-11th grade. My very favorite sport! By the time I was a senior, I was working so much there was no time for this or anything else for that matter.
5. ASB in 9th grade. This was a fun class/activity/whatever. I learned to come out of my shell a little and really enjoyed planning and implementing school wide activities. I wish I would've had the guts to run for office or something as I really enjoy planning, organizing and being in the middle of everything.
Wow! I guess I was all sports and really nothing too refined. Sad.
I suppose if I could do it all over, I would try just about everything I could. I would love to write...maybe for the school paper, maybe yearbook, theater for sure (I've always wanted to try out for a school production though I did take it as a class once). And maybe (as a much younger child) dance. It couldn't have hurt as my "moves" are truly lacking any style or skill. I always said, "Either you can play sports, or you can dance, but not both." Maybe that was just my way of protecting the fact that I really can't dance! I'd love to have tried it out and seen if this really is a true statement. Plus...who wouldn't kill for a dancer's body?!!

No comments: