Is there is anything in your lifetime that you regret and would take back, and if so what?
I am sure if I really wanted to spill my guts right now, I could create a rather long laundry list of things I regret and would take back...but isn't that what life is all about? We live, learn, and make mistakes. It all adds up to the people we truly are. That said...there really are some occasions I would gladly take back. Funny thing is, I didn't always feel this way. Most of what I would want to take back were mistakes on my part. Times in my life when I was less than perfect (wait - that's pretty much my entire life!). I remember a time when these same occasions were not looked upon as something I would want to erase. I thought myself to be better equipped to help others now that I had been down a similar path. I thought I could understand and rise to the challenge to make a difference in someone elses life because we shared a common error. As I grew, matured, and ultimately repented and was fully forgiven of my misdeeds, I came to realize that making the same mistake is not a prerequisite for the ability to aid and comfort a fellow soul. In fact, most of the people who were there for me in my time of need, never ventured close the problems I had. They helped because they understood as the Savior does. They loved me, the sinner, not the sin. Why should they have to "know" what I went through in order to be my support?
So, if I could, I would take back many if not all of my past sins and misgivings. But...since this is not possible, I will gladly move forward with a repentant heart and make each day better than the last knowing I am doing the best that I possibly can and praying for the power to see others through the eyes of the Savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment